Southern District Ladies Golf Association, now known as Women’s Golf Tasmania South (WGTS), held its first meeting on 28 April 1932 at 143 Hampton Road, Battery Point. The constitution and minutes for 18 April 1968 to 13 February 1985 are stored at the Australasian Golf Museum, Bothwell in Tasmania.
Today, WGTS Committee comprises two delegates from each southern metropolitan club – Royal Hobart Golf Club, Tasmania Golf Club, Claremont Golf Club and Kingston Beach Golf Club.
WGTS aims to promote and support the best interests and true spirit of the game of golf for women in southern Tasmania.
The role and activities of WGTS are:
- Promote and encourage participation in all levels of golf
- Administer a range of competitions in the south
- Operate as an intermediary between clubs/players and Golf Tasmania
- Ensure good liaison with Golf Tasmania and all districts on all relevant matters
- Organise events with the management of the relevant metropolitan club
- Work with WGT South Country to combine events, where practical
WGTS Committee members for 2018:
President – Anne Windsor, Royal Hobart Golf Club
Secretary – Di Hunnibell, Kingston Beach Golf Club
Treasurer – Jane Bliss, Claremont Golf Club
Tournament Coordinator – Di Ratcliffe, Royal Hobart Golf Club
Publicity – Ann Farrell, Tasmania Golf club
TR&R Rep – Vicki Knight, Claremont Golf Club
- Gill Foster, Tasmania Golf Club
- Vivienne McRoberts, Kingston Beach Golf Club